The Las Cruces Police Department is offering a slew of attractive financial incentives for new recruits to its 51st Training Academy and for current law enforcement officers who are considering a lateral transfer.
The new incentives come as the department extends the closing date on accepting applications for its 51st Academy. Applications for new recruits must be submitted no later than July 30, 2021. Early submissions are encouraged.
Recruitment and retention incentives for LCPD Training Academy cadets with a 36-month commitment:
- Base Incentive: $6,000.
- Associate’s Degree or four years of military service: $10,000.
- Bachelor’s Degree or retirement from military service: $15,000.
- Bachelor’s Degree in sociology, psychology, criminal justice or criminology: $20,000.
- Master’s or Doctoral Degree in sociology, psychology, criminal justice or criminology: $25,000.
Recruitment and retention incentives for lateral transfers – certified law enforcement officers in good standing with current agency – with a 36-month commitment:
- Upon hire: $5,000.
- Completion of field training: $5,000.
- Completion of probationary year: $10,000.
- Five personal leave days in addition to earned annual leave.
The Las Cruces Police Department’s 51st Training Academy for cadets is set to begin in January 2022. Certified law enforcement officers who lateral to LCPD will undergo an abbreviated 3-week lateral academy.
Prospective candidates for the Academy or for lateral transfer can speak with an LCPD recruiter by texting JOINLCPD to 575-376-6817.
For more information on the incentives and a link to submit an application, visit www.CLCPD.com and click on the Recruitment tab.